Day 1: Departure Flight from Hanoi – Arrival in Luang Prabang (-)
You will be welcomed upon your arrival at the airport and driven downtown to Luang Prabang.
Check-in at the hotel. Free time for the rest of the day.
Overnight at the hotel in Luang Prabang.
Day 2: Luang Prabang – City Tour (B)
You will have free time to visit Luang Prabang on your own. This town, the ancient capital of Xang Lane Kingdom, is today the religious center of the country. Today, Luang Prabang is listed as a World Heritage Site by the UNESCO.
Interesting sites to discover in Luang Prabang include:
- Wat Visoun (or Wat Wisunarat): this temple dates from the 16th century and is today acting as a museum where you can find a lot of religious items
- Wat Aham: dating from the 19th century, this temple is guarded by two tigers and by statues representing Ravana and Hanuman.
- Wat Xieng Thong: largely recognized as the most elegant temple in the city, this 16th-century edification is remarkable due to its original architecture.
- National Musem: the old Royal Palace now houses a collection of precious items that include the famous Pha Bang statue, a flamboyant 83-cm gold-alloy Buddha representation.
- Phu Si (or Phou Si): you will have to climb 328 steps to get to the top of this hill, from where you can enjoy a panoramic view on Luang Prabang.
In the evening, we will discover the night market, where you will find beautiful artisanal fabrics.
Overnight in Luang Prabang.
Day 3: Luang Prabang – Pak Ou Caves (B)
Have a nice breakfast before enjoying a cruise on the Mekong River in the morning. While on the boat, you will be thrilled to see the beautiful countryside. You will finally reach Pak Ou Caves, home to thousands of gold-lacquered Buddha statues in various shapes and sizes. Then, you will continue to cruise along the river, until stopping at Ban Xang Hai, a village where a local rice wine is made.
On your way back to Luang Prabang in the afternoon, you will visit Baan Xang Khong and Baan Xieng Lek villages, specialized in the weaving crafts. You will later go to Wat Siphouthabath to admire the sunset.
Overnight in Luang Prabang.
Day 4: Luang Prabang – Kuang Si Falls (B)
After a nice breakfast, you will go for an excursion to Kuang Si Falls, nestled in a green natural setting. While on your way, you will stop at Talad Phosy Market and Ban Na Oune Village, home of the H’Mong – the most famous minority group in Laos. You will also visit the appeasing Ban Tha Baen Village, where Tai Lue and Khmu ethnic groups live together. Please bring with you some food for a picnic lunch, or if you prefer, have lunch at a local restaurant.
At Kuang Si Falls, you will have the chance to swim in the water pools or hike in the forest, before returning to Luang Prabang.
Later, you will be taken to the airport for your departure flight.